When you are working with API.AI, sometimes you need to create two intents which differ by only some minor details. Example: branching based on different user selections.
Step 1: Create a new agent which will act as a "scratch pad" - I will refer to it as the ScratchPad.
Step 2: Copy the intent you wish to clone into the ScratchPad. Don't check any of the checkboxes as you copy the intent.
Step 3: Select the ScratchPad agent and rename the intent you just copied over. Just make a small change at the end of the intent.
Step 4: Copy the intent from the ScratchPad back into the original agent
Now you have a cloned intent with just a very minor name difference. You need to have a different name anyway even if a cloning feature were actually available in API.AI.
- Why I avoid using slot filling (required parameters) in Dialogflow
- Free Tool: Convert your WordPress website into a Dialogflow FAQ chatbot
- Dialogflow Mega Agent Tutorial
- Reader Question: Will followup events work when an intent has an input context?
- How to learn Dialogflow in a week
- Reader Question: Do I need a contextual fallback intent for every single context?
- Reader Question: Can I use a single agent for Facebook, WhatsApp and website bot?
- Five ways to integrate a Dialogflow chatbot into your website
- BotFlo vs Dialogflow CSV Importer
- Build Better Dialogflow Bots