In this article, I compare the two apps.
Desktop vs web
Dialogflow CSV Importer is a desktop app which runs primarily on your own machine. But it does need access to the internet, so you cannot use it offline.
BotFlo is a web application which runs on a server (Software as a Service). This means you can use it from anywhere.
Dialogflow CSV Importer is a one time payment.
BotFlo, when it reaches v1 (version 1), will be a recurring monthly payment. I haven't decided on the exact price yet, but it will be priced around $29 - $49 per month.
While BotFlo and the CSV Importer might look the same at this point (considering BotFlo has only been out for a couple of weeks), their respective feature sets will diverge over time.
CSV to ZIP
The basic CSV to ZIP functionality is available in both the apps.
ZIP to CSV
In BotFlo you can convert your Dialogflow agent ZIP file back to CSV format. The CSV Importer doesn't have that feature.
Upcoming features in BotFlo (which won't be added to the CSV Importer)
BotFlo is going to be a more comprehensive Dialogflow management app than the CSV Importer.
For example, here are some additional features which will be added to BotFlo over the coming months:
- Support for entities in the CSV to ZIP converter
- Support for more rich responses (e.g. BotCopy)
- Tools for automatically generating the CSV file from common knowledge base sources
- Tools for debugging your Dialogflow bot
- Tools for testing your Dialogflow bot's conversation flow
- Tools for better visualization of your existing Dialogflow agent
While BotFlo will be more feature rich, the first stable version will likely only be available in mid to late Jan 2020. If you need this functionality earlier than that, my suggestion would be to purchase the Dialogflow CSV Importer.
Update 3 Jan 2020: The current version of BotFlo (v0.6) has already reached feature parity with the CSV Importer, and also has a more generous free tier.
- Reader Question: What if a specific system entity isn’t available in all languages in a multi-lingual bot?
- How much can Machine Learning ACTUALLY help with answering free-form questions?
- Dialogflow Toolkit vs MBD Membership
- Dialogflow Knowledge Connector : Pros and Cons
- How to integrate Telegram with Dialogflow
- Why I avoid using slot filling (required parameters) in Dialogflow
- Free Tool: Convert your WordPress website into a Dialogflow FAQ chatbot
- Dialogflow Mega Agent Tutorial
- Reader Question: Will followup events work when an intent has an input context?
- How to learn Dialogflow in a week