In this article, I compare the two apps.
Desktop vs web
Dialogflow CSV Importer is a desktop app which runs primarily on your own machine. But it does need access to the internet, so you cannot use it offline.
BotFlo is a web application which runs on a server (Software as a Service). This means you can use it from anywhere.
Dialogflow CSV Importer is a one time payment.
BotFlo, when it reaches v1 (version 1), will be a recurring monthly payment. I haven't decided on the exact price yet, but it will be priced around $29 - $49 per month.
While BotFlo and the CSV Importer might look the same at this point (considering BotFlo has only been out for a couple of weeks), their respective feature sets will diverge over time.
CSV to ZIP
The basic CSV to ZIP functionality is available in both the apps.
ZIP to CSV
In BotFlo you can convert your Dialogflow agent ZIP file back to CSV format. The CSV Importer doesn't have that feature.
Upcoming features in BotFlo (which won't be added to the CSV Importer)
BotFlo is going to be a more comprehensive Dialogflow management app than the CSV Importer.
For example, here are some additional features which will be added to BotFlo over the coming months:
- Support for entities in the CSV to ZIP converter
- Support for more rich responses (e.g. BotCopy)
- Tools for automatically generating the CSV file from common knowledge base sources
- Tools for debugging your Dialogflow bot
- Tools for testing your Dialogflow bot's conversation flow
- Tools for better visualization of your existing Dialogflow agent
- Dialogflow vs RASA NLU
- Dialogflow vs Lex vs LUIS vs Watson vs Chatfuel
- Machine Learning vs non-Machine Learning algorithm
- BotFlo update
- Learn Dialogflow basics for free (till May 31)
- 10+ practical projects to learn spaCy in depth
- An Epidemiology Glossary for Programmers
- All my mini-courses are free this week
- Reader Question: What if a specific system entity isn’t available in all languages in a multi-lingual bot?
- How much can Machine Learning ACTUALLY help with answering free-form questions?