I got a comment recently on my post about intents which don't match like you might expect.
This is an extremely unlikely scenario. But here are some troubleshooting tips.
Make sure the input context matches
In a previous article, I shared an example of an intent in my SupportBot where people express interest in coaching.
The intent definition for the "Coaching" intent looks like this:
For this intent to fire, the context must already be set to awaiting_service_choice. If you have a wrong context set, the intent will not fire even if the words are an exact match.
Make sure the previous intent was mapped correctly
When you set contexts in this fashion, in fact, usually it is quite likely something went wrong in the previous intent itself.
For the example I have shown above, the user needs to have first seen a list of menu options on the page before choosing coaching. When the menu intent fires, it sets the output context to awaiting_service_choice which in turn allows the next input to match the correct intent.
If the menu intent never fired, then the output context awaiting_service_choice was never set. This means you cannot map the "Coaching" intent in the next step.
Make sure you have Reset Contexts if you are working inside the Dialogflow console
If you are doing your testing inside the Dialogflow console, remember to "Reset contexts" when you go from one conversation to the start of the next one. (This is especially true if you are in the habit of setting large context lifespans - yet another reason why you should choose a context lifespan of 1).
If all else fails, log out, log back in and try again one more time
If you are testing with the Dialogflow console, try to log out and log back in. I remember exactly once when this helped. 🙂
But it didn't happen again, so I am not sure why it helped.
- Dialogflow Knowledge Connector : Pros and Cons
- How to integrate Telegram with Dialogflow
- Why I avoid using slot filling (required parameters) in Dialogflow
- Free Tool: Convert your WordPress website into a Dialogflow FAQ chatbot
- Dialogflow Mega Agent Tutorial
- Reader Question: Will followup events work when an intent has an input context?
- How to learn Dialogflow in a week
- Reader Question: Do I need a contextual fallback intent for every single context?
- Reader Question: Can I use a single agent for Facebook, WhatsApp and website bot?
- Five ways to integrate a Dialogflow chatbot into your website