Hover over the chat window to get started.
What is this?
It is a gift recommendation chatbot. While it is not a particularly smart chatbot (yet), it has a user interface similar to the Google Assistant. That means you can do the following:
- add clickable hyperlinks
- show images
- show buttons which users can select to make choices
- present rich information in a carousel-like user interface
- show a list of options which user can select from
What’s so unique about that?
API.AI’s built in web demo integration does not allow you to do any of this
How do you create the chatbot?
I use the Google Assistant message type inside my intents. Here is a screenshot as an example:
I use the REST API to communicate with the chatbot. And I used a CSS library to combine it all into the user interface.
How do the controls look so rich?
It is definitely not my skillset. 🙂
I used the awesome Material Design Bootstrap library. (the controls I used were the free ones).
Why can’t the chatbot answer even simple questions?
This is not intended to be a bot which can converse with the user. It is meant to be used as an interactive digital assistant which showcases some missing elements in the API.AI web demo integration. However, you can add conversational elements to this chatbot and I will be doing so very soon.
I want to add a similar chatbot to my website.
- Thanksgiving 2020 Deals
- How to debug Dialogflow Python webhook using ngrok
- EU VAT MOSS Tips for online course creators
- How to integrate Dialogflow into your Flutter app
- How to bulk upload intents from a CSV file in Dialogflow
- Get your DialogFlow agent to initiate the conversation before user types a message
- Why doesn’t Dialogflow CX support more 1-click integrations?
- Dialogflow CX vs ES: First look
- Dialogflow Quickstart Templates
- Dialogflow Zobot: Selection Triggers the next intent