I have created a website bot for my course website (very creatively called "CourseBot") and I plan to use it as an interactive case study.
That is - based on user interactions with my chatbot, I will create case studies for a bunch of tools I am creating. Once I have these tools set up, I will also be creating training material where I will discuss how you can build your own tools for not just website bots, but for all kinds of Dialogflow bots.
Dialogflow Agent Management System (DAMS)
Here are some of the tools I have in mind:
- Automatically generate bots from a spreadsheet
- Use the spreadsheet like a Content Management System for your intents
- Dialogflow Conversation Analytics (a bit like Chatbase)
- Measuring the accuracy of your intent mapping
- Automated Conversation testing
- Conversation Modules (reusable templates which accomplish common Dialogflow tasks)
And I will probably be building a few more related tools. When you combine everything, it will effectively be a Dialogflow Agent Management System (DAMS) - that phrase doesn't exist, I just made it up. 🙂
This is the current flowchart used in the bot. You can learn more about creating these kinds of flowcharts in my Dialogflow Flowcharts course. (To see a larger image, right click on the image and open it in a new tab).
Want to stay up to date?
Would you like to be notified as I create these tools as well as related training material?
The easiest way to do that is to sign up for my email list. And the easiest way to sign up for my email list is to enroll in my free 5 Day course: Dialogflow Example Bots.
Check out the CourseBot