I have taken the chapter called "Dissecting Intent Mapping" - and it is a self-contained chapter - from my Dialogflow Conversation Design course and added it to MBD University.
Why you should watch the course:
- understand the concept of candidate intents
- understand the role of stemming and stopwords (two concepts from Natural Language Understanding) in intent mapping
- how you can use the user says "score" to better understand why the intent got mapped
- understand the concept of term reinforcement - this will explain why Dialogflow asks for so many training phrases per intent
- figure out the role of the ML Threshold
- some tips on how to get intents to map in a predictable manner
Check out the mini-course here.