I got this question on my Drift chatbot.
Yes, you can use any language for your webhook, and Python is a good choice considering that many beginners find it quite easy to learn.
Generally speaking, you should choose the language you are most comfortable with.
However, if you are building a Google Assistant app, I recommend using NodeJS because the documentation is much better for Node when compared to the other languages.
Don't forget to watch my mini-course which helps you understand the request-response cycle of a webhook. Learning this concept well will make it much easier for you to build your bot.
Also, check out my Dialogflow Webhooks course which will help you get started. 🙂 It has code samples in PHP, Python and NodeJS.
- Dialogflow Messenger Quiz Bot
- Dialogflow Zobot: Selection Triggers the next intent
- Integrating Dialogflow with Zoho live chat
- 5 things you cannot do using the Dialogflow Messenger integration
- Dialogflow Architecture
- Dialogflow Python webhook tutorial
- Dialogflow training
- Dialogflow vs Lex vs LUIS vs Watson vs Chatfuel
- Convert your WordPress website into a Dialogflow FAQ chatbot
- Dialogflow Messenger Interactive Learning Bot