I got this question from a reader:
I'm developping a chatbot for a project and I have a problem when I'm in a context and the sentence don't match the chat go back to fallback intent and restart the chat.
For example the user want to subscribe an insurance contract so he have different chooses at the beginning in fallback intent.
when he choose subscribe assurance, the chatbot ask him the type of the insurance like car, home, moto... so I want that in this case if the sentence don't match to ask a question to repeat type of insurance but the chat go back to fallback intent.
What the user is asking is: if I already have an intent which is expecting some information from the user (based on setting a context), what happens if the user types something that the intent cannot handle?
Another way of asking the same question is: in these scenarios, you want the fallback to go back to the same place in the conversation. If you allow the Default Fallback to handle the user's input, unfortunately you will lose the context.
The Custom Fallback Intent
To handle this scenario, you need to use the custom fallback intent.
I have recorded a video to explain how to do this.
- Dialogflow Messenger Interactive Learning Bot
- Dialogflow Messenger Checklist bot
- Dialogflow Messenger decision tree chatbot
- BotFlo relaunch update
- Dialogflow Messenger: How to respond to user clicking on suggestion chip
- When NOT to use follow up intents in DialogFlow
- Dialogflow Context Lifespan
- Reader Question: Creating Dialogflow agents in web UI vs using code
- Dialogflow Messenger tutorial
- Do I need to hire a developer to build MY chatbot idea?