While the built-in web demo integration in API.AI allows you to embed a chatbot into your site, it suffers from many limitations:
- no whitelabel branding
- you cannot show clickable hyperlinks
- it does not support images
- you cannot use it to show buttons
However, there is a way around this. Using some custom programming, and by taking advantage of the Actions on Google rich responses implemented by API.AI, you can get all the features mentioned above.
The video below shows what it can look like:
In this course, I show you in complete detail how to build a similar chatbot. By getting this course, you will
- understand a real world example of API.AI's REST API
- communicate with the REST API using PHP
- add a custom chatbot to your WordPress website
- also understand how the different responses in Actions on Google works*
* The course does not teach how to actually build Google Assistant apps. But learning the material in this course will help you gain a better understanding of the Google Assistant rich response controls.