I have created an update to my Rich Webchat course (which used to be based on Dialogflow's API v1) to cover API v2. Since v1 is being deprecated in Oct 2019, it is probably better to build your website chatbot based on API v2 already.
A few things to note about this course:
At the moment, the course does not have much in the way of explanatory material. The only video in the course as of this writing is a webinar recording I did recently which explains how the system works at a somewhat high level.
You cannot purchase it from the course website directly
The only way to buy the course is to purchase it as part of a service "package" which comprises a 30 minute 1-on-1 Skype call and the course material.
Why a service and not just a regular course?
Programming background matters
I have realized that the programming experience of the folks who purchased the previous version of the course was all over the map in terms of ability.
There was one person who bought it at a big discount (during launch), sent me 25 emails back and forth to get help to set it up, until I realized he didn't even know how to set up his IDE for PHP development. I refunded his purchase once I realized that I was basically building his entire bot for him.
There was another well meaning economics professor from a non-English speaking country, who couldn't write code, couldn't understand my emails and insisted that I help him out over Skype. Once on Skype, I discovered he didn't have the required website permissions to install the code either! Another refund.
About the service
If I get on a Skype call, I hope I can assess the coding skills of the buyers. Based on that, I can tailor the kind of help I can provide them to set up the integration. Besides, I realized that it will be a lot faster than trying to help them out over email!
I might release a regular course later
Once I help a few people set up their bots, I will use what I learnt from helping them and I might eventually update the course to make it more self-service.
- Using Collect.chat for preNLU bots
- Reader Question: How to get some sample training data for Dialogflow?
- Getting the top 3 (or top N) intents in Dialogflow: An experiment
- Dialogflow Regexp (regular expression) entity
- Using Dialogflow for educational bots
- Chatbot makes $3 million in sales in 1 hour
- Reader Question: Intent based FAQ bots vs knowledge based FAQ bots
- Should you use Dialogflow from scratch?
- 3 ways Airtable can speed up your Dialogflow prototype development
- Automatically generating a rich Dialogflow website chatbot