Here is an example of how I have converted this website (Mining Business Data) content into a Dialogflow chatbot (I have outlined the general approach here).
Example queries you can ask the bot
To test this bot, my suggestion would be to find a few articles on this website published before August 1 2019 and use some words from their titles as your query. Usually, you should get the article's title and a naked URL as the response. (Sometimes you might get a different response - and generally speaking that should be a better and more appropriate answer).
Here are some examples:
Dialogflow API v2
integrate Dialogflow into your website
how do Dialogflow webhooks work?
For more ideas, you can just look at the list of "Suggested Reading" articles on the sidebar. 🙂
At the moment, the bot does not show clickable hyperlinks. This is quite intentional - the focus of this demo is the process of conversion from WordPress content into Dialogflow, and not a final, polished output.
My tool to convert a WordPress website into a Dialogflow chatbot
I have created a tool (as of August 2019, it is an internal tool and in BETA) which can take the exported XML file from your WordPress website and convert it into a Dialogflow agent ZIP file.
The chatbot above was created using this tool.
I am looking for beta customers to test my tool (offer valid until August 9th 2019)
If you book before end of day August 9th 2019, you will get a significant discount. (Please note: in addition, I also have a limit on the number of people who can avail this offer because this is also a somewhat time intensive service for me at the moment. So if more people sign up than I expect, I will remove the discount before the deadline).
You will pay only $99 (the final price of the service will be a few multiples of that amount) and also get a guarantee - if you are not satisfied with the final result, I will give you $150 in course credit which you can use against my Dialogflow Toolkit course bundle.
How it works (please read carefully as there are many steps to be done in sequence)
- You will book the service as a 30 minute appointment. Please select an appointment date at least a week from today (and read the rest to see why).
- You need to first get the exported XML file from your WordPress admin (go to Tools -> Export and click on the "Download Export File" button).
- When you book the appointment, you can upload the XML file that you got from your WordPress admin dashboard. If that doesn't work for some reason, you can also send me the file as an email attachment (just reply to the booking confirmation email you get).
- After you book the appointment, I will email you an estimate on when I can send you the deliverable - in this case the ZIP file of your Dialogflow agent.
- Before the appointment date, I will send you the agent ZIP file so you can test it out for yourself. (While the tool itself is just a bunch of software scripts, I need to test the output before I send you the agent ZIP file).
- During the scheduled call, we will go over any other questions you might have about the FAQ bot.
- For now, I can only do this for English language chatbots because I need to test the output.
Need clickable hyperlinks?
You don't need to use plain naked URLs like what I have used in my chatbot demo. Your responses can be a lot more customized than that, based on the channel (e.g. Facebook, Skype) you are planning to use.
For example, if you want to turn it into a Google Assistant app, you might want to use the link out suggestion. Or if you plan on a rich website chatbot integration, you can use Markdown to specify the anchor text and the actual link.
So when you sign up, reply back to the appointment confirmation email if you are looking for a specific requirement. Generally speaking, I should be able to use my tool to satisfy these requirements. If not, I am happy to provide the Dialogflow Toolkit course credits as mentioned before.
Book the appointment here and use the coupon code WP2DF to get the discount. You need to click on the "Set Time Zone" button first before you can see my availability on the calendar.
Note: If you don't see the discount, please do not book at the full price. I will definitely have a second round of beta testing over the next few weeks, although the price will probably go up a little.